Born in Tokyo. After studying coastal fisheries resource management and operation, Aiko joined WWF Japan Conservation team as a fisheries officer. At WWF Japan, Aiko focused on engaging domestic and international stakeholders to collaborate and promote sustainable fisheries and smart management of ocean resources. She also led a joint marine conservation project of WWF Japan, Chile, Indonesia, and China. After Aiko joined Seafood Legacy, she is in charge of strategy development and technical implementation for both Fishery Program and Business Engagement Program. Aiko holds a doctorate degree from Graduate School of Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology.
- Member of the special committee of stock management of Fisheries Policy Council
- External reviewer of SH”U”N project by The National Research and Development Agency, Japan Fisheries Research and Education Agency
- Coordinator for Anti- IUU Forum in Japan
- Lecturer at Iwate University, Faculty of Agriculture
- Lecturer at Hosei University, Graduate School of Public Policy and Social Governance