After working as a research fellow at Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Aiko joined WWF Japan Conservation Division.. At WWF Japan, Aiko focused on engaging domestic and international stakeholders to collaborate and promote sustainable fisheries and responsible seafood market transformation.. She also led a joint marine conservation project of WWF Japan in Chile, Indonesia, and China. After Aiko joined Seafood Legacy, she is in charge of strategy development and technical implementation. Aiko holds a doctorate degree from the Graduate School of Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology.
- Member of the special committee of stock management of Fisheries Policy Council
- External reviewer of SH”U”N project by The National Research and Development Agency, Japan Fisheries Research and Education Agency
- Coordinator for Anti- IUU Forum Japan
- Lecturer at Iwate University, Faculty of Agriculture
- Lecturer at Hosei University, Graduate School of Public Policy and Social Governance